Re: [opensuse] Recommended Website Tools
  • From: Benjamin Rosenberg <red.kryptonite@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 21:58:45 -0600

On Jan 18, 2007, at 9:48 PM, Kai Ponte wrote:

On Thursday 18 January 2007 16:34, StephenW wrote:
--- Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 01/18/2007 Raoul Snyman wrote:
I prefer not to use WYSIWYG tools, like Nvu, I've only had bad
experiences. :-(

Nvu has a good text mode also. I have used it for several pages and it
never trashed anything I had done beforehand. It's very similar to
Quanta.

OK ... now I am lost on this web design thing.
I have a teacher at school who asked for an easy web design program she
could use. I suggested Nvu ... now I wish I had not. Seems it is not for
beginners (since she will be limited to the WYSIWYG.

I am afraid our school system is stuck (mired, sinking in the quicksand of
MS) using WinXP. I guess the easiest is some MS slop -- like Frontpage.
Unless, you can steer me to an acceptable OSS.

I was under the impression that Frontpage was no longer being produced or supported. If you want something that is compliant and that quite a few use .. try Dreamweaver. You'll have to get CrossOver to use it. You could always use Quanta which is a KDE program and free. :D
--
"We should forgive our enemies. But not before they are hanged." Heinrich Heine