[opensuse] Mouse movement Jerky!
  • From: "John Pierce" <john.j35@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 21:56:04 -0600
Hello!

I have just installed opensuse 10.2 on an older computer for my son
and the mouse is jerky.

I will describe my system and hardware for possible solutions.

Processor Pentium III coppermine @ 667 Mhz
VIA chipset
ATI Radeon 7000 RV100 QY (Radeon 7000VE)
System Memory 512 Mb

Here is what I am experiencing, even on a desktop with nothing open if
I move the mouse around the screen it will move with a sudden stop and
then start moving again. It seems (I have not timed this) to stop
about every 2 seconds with about a 0.5 second delay before it starts
moving again. This I set the screen resolution to 1024x768 down from
1152x864 to see if that would make a difference but it would not. I
have disabled just about everything thing that may run in the
background with the exceptions of critical system components.

I made sure the system had the correct settings in xorg.conf regarding
dri subsection.

I have looked at dmesg and messages but I do not see any blatant errors.

Any thoughs would be appreciated, this is annoying but I would can at
least use the machine. It just interferes with games like ppracer.
That game plays fine except for the momentary system freezes.

TIA

John
--
Registered Linux User 263680, get counted at
http://counter.li.org