RE: [opensuse] fsck running amok
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 01:06:22 +0100 (CET)

The Thursday 2007-01-18 at 14:10 -0600, Greg Wallace wrote:

> >> I'm running a Dell Optiplex GX260. In the BIOS, the only setting for
> >> the clock is a digital clock where you adjust the time manually.
> >> There is no option as far as local time vs any other type of time.

You surely can adjust that clock! You decide if you type your local time,
or you type GMT/UTC time. And only you know what you typed.

> >You mean that you cannot set the clock in the cmos? You are not
> >thinking here. Local time is the time you see over your shoulder on
> >the *wall* clock. UTF is the time at the zero meridian, used to be
> >universal mean time and/or zulu time. YOU are the one who determines
> >what time is in the cmos.

> Duh, where is the cmos?

It's another name for the bios. It's the same thing.

> As far as local time vs UTF, I understand the
> difference quite well. It's just that I don't see any option of using it
> anywhere I have looked (bios and right clicking the clock in SUSE). Is this
> cmos a setting that is somewhere else to be found?

You set up your clock as you like, then you tell Yast what you did (clock
setting somewhere).

- --
Cheers,
Carlos E. R.