Re: [opensuse] beagled CPU usage
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:04:58 -0500
On Thursday January 18 2007 4:36 am, Janne Karhunen wrote:
> On 1/18/07, Stephan Binner <stbinner@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > New KDE menu for one is utterly worthless without it.
> >
> > Not exactly true: application, bookmark and addressbook search for
> > example will also continue to work without kdebase3-beagle being
> > installed...
>
> Ok thanks for clarification, I thought it was based on
> beagle. Does it use beagle for anything?

One of the things that hasn't been mentioned is how much the MickySoft "equal"
to Beagle DOES "hammer" Vista. After removing my SATA drive and hooking up a
new SATA drive and installed the pre-gold release of Vista, I can say with
100% accuracy that Vista IS a dog for performance, compared to openSUSE 10.2.
I don't think even using Beagle would slow it down that much, but it IS a
performance hinder......just like the app. in Vista.

Fred

--
MickySoft, the ultimate corporate parasite.