[opensuse] Getting error "cannot connect to X server" when using sudo to run a program
  • From: Graham Smith <gqs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 08:07:06 +1100
Hi,

I'm having a problem using sudo to run a program. One my main computer I have
no problems running the program using sudo but on my laptop I can't.

I get "cannot connect to X server" error when I try to run the program on my
laptop. If I use kdesu I have no problem but I don't want to use it as it
means I have to enter the root password each time I run the command.

Both computers are running opensuse 10.2 using KDE 3.5.5

I can't see any difference in the configuration of either computer regarding
the Xserver.

Has any one else had this problem and knows how to resolve it?
--
Regards,

Graham Smith