Re: [opensuse] fsck running amok
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:46:02 -0600
On 2007-01-18 14:15, Greg Wallace wrote:
> On Thursday, January 18, 2007 @ 1:54 PM, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
>

> <snip>
>> If you want to set your clock to UTC, add 6 hours to your local time
>> (since you are in Central Time). Otherwise, set it to local time.
>>

> Thanks. This entire clock conversation got started when someone indicated
> that my being on local time was the cause of my fsck running every time I
> boot up. Somehow, I don't think advancing my clock 6 hours (I think that's
> how far behind GMT I am here in the Central zone) will fix that problem. It
> doesn't really seem logical that that is what is causing it, but maybe I'm
> wrong.

Of course it's 6 hours, I just told you that :-) (I cheated, I looked at
the headers on your emails.)

I am also dubious that this is a problem. If your BIOS clock (which,
btw, *is* the CMOS clock) was set one way, but you configured your SuSE
system the other way, then you would have consistent time errors -- eg.
your system clock, the one that shows up in the taskbar, would be 6
hours fast (or slow).