Re: [opensuse] syslog stuff
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:41:31 -0600
On 2007-01-18 14:05, Greg Wallace wrote:
> On Thursday, January 18,, 2007 @ 1:33 PM, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
>

> <snip>
>> The first should be set to "syslog-ng", but it may be set to "syslogd"
>> (that would explain right away why there is no /var/log/firewall).
>>

> Bingo! It was set to syslog. I clicked on the drop-down and changed it to
> syslog-ng
>

> <snip>
> I don't have SYSLOG_NG_CREATE_CONFIG. Hopefully, changing the value of
> SYSLOG_DAEMON will do the trick.

Well, it will certainly get you running with syslog-ng :-) -- but
perhaps it is configured to put all firewall messages into
/var/log/messages anyway :-)

If you now have a /var/log/firewall file, this one is done. Alas, it
doesn't answer any of your questions about fsck, but now your mail
kernel log isn't going to be full of firewall traffic :-)