Re: [opensuse] Re: xtraceroute rpm?
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:34:42 -0600
On 2007-01-18 09:25, Daniel Bauer wrote:
> <snip>
>
> If I google it seems to me that this app was in earlier Suses (like 7) but has
> been dropped later. Maybe there is a reason for that?

It seems to have been included as recently as 9.1, but is not present in
9.3.

There are a few alternative packages available:
mtr and mtr-gtk, both included in the SuSE distribution
lft, a layer four traceroute available from the guru repository
gnome-nettool is a set of front-ends to several networking tools, such
as ping, traceroute, whois, etc. Also in the SuSE distro.