Re: [opensuse] syslog stuff
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:06:11 -0500
* Greg Wallace <gregwallace@xxxxxxxxxxx> [01-18-07 15:01]:
> I got syslogd, not syslog, but I re-installed syslog-ng anyway, as I
> said above. I think that pretty much matches what I was instructed
> to do (I didn't get syslog so I re-installed syslog-ng). If not,
> what did I miss?

I believe that you have two versions, syslog and syslog-ng. IIANM,
syslogd belongs to syslog. Do "rpm -qf `which syslogd` and you will
see.

You are receiving toooo many instructions and that has to be confusing
you. Darryl Gregorash is quite knowledgable, more so than I. Let him
take you thru the steps.

I am gone from this thread and all related.

gud luk,
OpenSUSE Linux http://en.opensuse.org/