Re: [opensuse] fsck running amok
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:45:21 -0500
* Greg Wallace <gregwallace@xxxxxxxxxxx> [01-18-07 14:38]:

> >> Not sure what you mean by "hardware clock".
>
> >The one you see in the bios setup.
>
> I'm running a Dell Optiplex GX260. In the BIOS, the only setting for
> the clock is a digital clock where you adjust the time manually.
> There is no option as far as local time vs any other type of time.

You mean that you cannot set the clock in the cmos? You are not
thinking here. Local time is the time you see over your shoulder on
the *wall* clock. UTF is the time at the zero meridian, used to be
universal mean time and/or zulu time. YOU are the one who determines
what time is in the cmos.

OpenSUSE Linux http://en.opensuse.org/