[opensuse] How to get firefox to start in online mode
  • From: "Andre Truter" <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:30:01 +0200
I installed openSUSE 10.2 for a client on a laptop. One of the main
uses he has for it is to go around to clients and demo a web
application that is installed on the laptop.
So, the machine will not be connected to a network when he does the demos.

He will also mainly use modem dial up for internet connectivity.

Problem is that apparently Firefox looks at the status of
NetworkManager to decide if it should start in offline mode of online
mode.
So, every time he does a demo, he first need to remember to set
Firefox in online mode. This is extremely frustrating, as that is the
last thing you think of if you do a demo on your local machine and it
is also not so good to try and impress a client and the first thing
they see is an error message.

Does anybody know if there is a way of overriding this behavior in Firefox?

I have googled, but have not found anything yet.

Thanks
--
Andre Truter | Software Consultant | Registered Linux user #185282
Jabber: andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx | http://www.trusoft.co.za