[opensuse] Re: ldap users get "Permissions on the password database may be too restrictive" when logging in locally but still gets in
  • From: Peter Sjoberg <peters-opensuse@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 10:56:17 -0500

> Hi Peters,
> I am facing the same problem though its not related to ldap. Were
> you able to fix it?
Nope, but I suspect it has to do with the ACL on my ldap server and that
when I login it now needs write access to one more thing (last login
time or something).
I did fiddle around with it to get it to work properly both for samba
and linux users but haven't gotten all the way yet. Before upgrading to
10.2 I my left out issue was that normal users can't change there own
psw with smbldap-passwd but since it's just me and my family I can live
with that for now. My current plan is to at some point enable full debug
logs n the ldap server and then see where it fails and correct the ACLs
accordingly.