Re: [opensuse] beagled CPU usage
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 11:34:26 +0100
>>> On 18-01-2007 at 12:28, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Over the years, people have managed to keep their files
> together. UNIX: ~, as always. DOS: Dedicated folder on C:,
> or another drive. Win 4.x-6.x: My Documents. Why would we
> suddenly need search engines. People unable to label their
> files properly (putting them into the right-named directory
> as a bonus) are a lost case like their files.

Jan,

It might be true that WE manage to do so. But the computer evolved from
a Geek Device to a All-Around-Us-Machine. Even my Mum of almost 60 years
is using these things now. She is proud to be able to use some simple
things like Thunderbird and Firefox and to manage to write a letter from
time to time. Ok, all her Docs of course are in My Documents (Win98), I
did not convince her for a Linux.. My sister is there already.

But my mum, after having saved this file, she would probably never have
the idea to change the filename to something else than what Office
suggests (so the first sentence of the letter). Usually not very helpful
by refinding it... And usually, F3 in Explorer gives us the required
help we need, as somehow we manage to find what she created.

So: think further than the profs you meet all day long and try to
understand the not so technical ones. They need supporting tools for
their 'work'

Dominique