Re : [opensuse] Recommended Website Tools
  • From: Tyuser Tyuser <tyuserityx@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 08:08:13 +0000 (GMT)

Hi list,

there is also Amaya from the w3c .....
http://www.w3.org/Amaya/

----- Message d'origine ----

De : Raoul Snyman <raoul.snyman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

À : opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Envoyé le : Jeudi, 18 Janvier 2007, 7h30mn 43s

Objet : Re: [opensuse] Recommended Website Tools

Hi,

> Quanta is good, but IMO, Kate does the trick well.

I'm a web developer, and I use Quanta. It has code completion and all the rest of that, and uses Kate's editor KPart as it's engine, so all the goodness of Kate with the sweetness of Quanta ;-)

> You could - as I've seen posted - use NVu as well.

I prefer not to use WYSIWYG tools, like Nvu, I've only had bad experiences. :-(

Trying not to blow my own trumpet here, but I'm developing an open source HTML/PHP/etc editor for Windows. Visit http://www.saturnlaboratories.co.za/ringhtml3.php if you wanna give it a spin. Just be warned that it's nowhere near complete; there are a few bugs, although most of the core functionality works fine. If I'm in Windows, I use my editor.

--

Raoul Snyman

Saturn Laboratories

raoul.snyman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx