Re: [opensuse] Recommended Website Tools
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 21:42:20 -0800
On Wednesday 17 January 2007 19:55, Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
> I need to maintain an existing website. The last time I did this was with
> Windows and Dreamweaver. However, I'm now running OpenSuse 10.1 with KDE
> and am wondering what are some recommended Web Authoring tools. Is Quanta
> any good or are there others.

Quanta is good, but IMO, Kate does the trick well.

You could - as I've seen posted - use NVu as well. This all heavily depends on
what exactly you mean by "maintain".

Since you mention Dreamweaver, I'm assuming you don't know how to use
HTML/Javascript/CSS, since Dreamweaver is kinda like FrontPage, AFAIK.

In that case, stick with NVu, because it does a pretty good job of spitting
out fairly normal (unlike FrontPage) HTML/CSS.

> Also, are there any good opensource tools for Windows (part of my life I
> have to live in the Windows world <G>).

When using Wintendo, I use HTML-Kit from chami.com. Brilliant program, with
all the html, css, javascript, php... tags and wizards you could imagine.

Or you could just use FrontPage 98. :P

--
kai - theperfectreign@xxxxxxxxx

wo ist der ort für den ehrlichsten kuss
ich weiss, dass ich ihn für uns finden muss...