Re: [opensuse] Recommended Website Tools
  • From: Billie Erin Walsh <bilwalsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 22:05:59 -0600
Brett I. Holcomb wrote:
> I need to maintain an existing website. The last time I did this was with
> Windows and Dreamweaver. However, I'm now running OpenSuse 10.1 with KDE and
> am wondering what are some recommended Web Authoring tools. Is Quanta any
> good or are there others.
>
> Also, are there any good opensource tools for Windows (part of my life I have
> to live in the Windows world <G>).
>
> Thanks.

My own opinion is, I like Quanta. I use it in text mode, but it does
have a rather nice graphical mode also if your so inclined. NVu is
another nice editor. It also has text and graphical modes. According to
their website you can edit pages right on the website. Haven't ever
tried that feature so can't speak from personal experience.

Unlike most graphical editors, neither will add any extraneous html to
the page.

--

(o:]>*HUGGLES*<[:o)
Billie Walsh