Re: [opensuse] beagled CPU usage
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:51:10 -0800

> > There are alternatives to Beagle, but I'm not sure they're any
> > more "ready for prime-time" than Beagle is.
>
> Yeah, I agree.
>
> Plus locate is - gulp - command line and you need a college degree to
> understand the regex operations in grep.

Nah. Regular expressions are the bee's knees!

Without regular expressions, programming / computers / digital life
_itself_ would be impossible!!

Or... Live by the regular expression, die by the regular expression.

I could go on, but ... you know...

> I personally euthanized the darn dog on all my machines and use a
> logical folder structure to find things.

Well, that's great, if you can get away with it, but my library has
thousands of files and no single hierarchical organizational scheme is
adequate. The problem is that hierarchies are entirely indadequate for
organizing most content, since there's always multiple hierarchies that
validly categorize it.

> My machines work way faster.

Faster than what?

> --