Re: [opensuse] How to unmount partition?
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 20:27:25 -0600
On 1/17/07, Greg Wallace <gregwallace@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I want to try running a manual fsck on my main partition. I booted into
runlevel 3 and tried "umount /dev/hda2" but got "device is busy". I'm
thinking that I should be trying to unmount the filesystem itself, not the
device, but don't know how to figure out what that is (and I can't remember
a command that would show the filesystem name associated with the device).
Then again, maybe I'm way off base here. Anyway, I just need to be able to
unmount the filesystem so I can run fsck on it. Can someone tell me what to
enter to do the unmount?

Thanks,
Greg Wallace

IO did not see dat you started a new thread, so I answered in the
other one. So, the solution is to boot either from the install media
(cd/dvd) and select maintenance mode, or boot from knoppix, damn small
linux, etc.

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.