Re: [opensuse] Flash Player for Linux Now Available for Download
  • From: kanenas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 15:24:09 -1000
On Wednesday 17 January 2007 13:27, J Sloan wrote:
> steve reilly wrote:
> > On Wednesday 17 January 2007 17:31, Jay C Vollmer wrote:
> >> I was disappointed to see that the Linux flash9 didn't allow me to
> >> access the content on:
> >>
> >> http://www.cbs.com/innertube
> >>
> >> Does anyone know how to access the online video streams on that site
> >> from Linux?
> >
> > they are probably using the latest version for windows which is greater
> > than 9, probably 10 or 11?? you wont see that for linux for prob another
> > year maybe more.
>
> Nope, windoze latest is 9, same as mac and linux.
>
> More likely it's a brain dead website coder who is checking to make sure
> you're running ms windoze and msie like a good little sheep, before
> sending you the video content.
>
> Joe
BUT, shouldn't the linux version handle said "braindead webside coder" the
same way the windoze version does? Can we do with a bit less of a superiority
nonsense and a bit more of "can do" coding? Video over the net is just about
impossible in a standard 10.2, far worse in the 64 bit 10.2 and it only gets
marginally better if one goes to packman. The 32/64 bit issues with firefox,
konqueror and plugins, compounded by the limitations of "linux" realplayer,
mplayer, flashplayer etc make it imperative that one should keep a doze
version handy, if one is keen on watching on line video...