Re: [opensuse] Formatting a USB memory stick
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:19:39 -0600
On 1/17/07, Joseph Loo <jloo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I was going to format it as either a standard FAT or FAT32. The problem
is that the USB stick shows up under 10.0 & 10.1. In 10.2, it says the
partition table is not recognize. I need to repartition the USB stick
and reformat it. Second problem, the stick does not show up in YAST so
I can not d anything with it.

After you plug the stick, issue dmesg in a terminal window to see at
the end if there are any problems.

dmesg should show you as well which device the stick is attached to (sda, etc.).

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.