Re: [opensuse] DVD Mount problem
  • From: Stevens <fred00sandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:28:27 -0600
An update on my DVD woes:

If I put a data DVD in the drive, the click on "My Computer", the drive
shows "Blank DVD-R" for media. Then, if I open a konqueror filemanager
session and browse to /media/dvd, there is no data. Ditto with a movie
DVD.

lshal -m

Start monitoring devicelist:

storage_model_DVD_RW_IDE1108 property storage.removable.media_available =
true
storage_model_DVD_RW_IDE1108 property storage.removable.media_size =
3880845312 (0xe7510000)
storage_model_DVD_RW_IDE1108 property storage.removable.media_available =
false
storage_model_DVD_RW_IDE1108 property storage.removable.media_available =
true
storage_model_DVD_RW_IDE1108 property storage.removable.media_size =
8107722752 (0x1e3420800)
storage_model_DVD_RW_IDE1108 property storage.removable.media_available =
false

If I su to root, then "mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /media/dvd" and then put
in the data DVD and go back to the "My Computer" window and click on the
DVD entry, a window pops up asking what I want to do with Blank DVD
(dev/hdc). If I open with konqueror, there are the files.

A video DVD shows no files, probably since it isn't an iso9660 fs.

So why doesn't this dirty bastard automount the DVD in the first place?

Fred