RE: [opensuse] fsck running amok
On Wednesday, January 17, 2007 @ 4:30 PM, Tom Patton wrote:

>On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 15:24 -0600, Greg Wallace wrote:
>> Well, I've done some more digging on this problem and, though I have
found
>> out some things, I am still no closer to solving the problem than before.
>>
>> 1) The huge amount of lines in /var/log/messages seems to be unrelated
>> why I'm getting an fsck every time I boot. There are hundreds of lines
in
>> there that look like this one --

>Just a thought here...wouldn't the messages of interest be
>in /var/log/boot.msg instead of /var/log/messages?

>That's where all my reiserfs messages are, before the kernel is booted
>up...

>Tom in NM

I was just looking in there. I don't see any additional information, but at
least I don't have to wade through 7,000 lines of what appears to be zen
messages to find any pertinent info. I found some lines ahead of where the
fsck is invoked relating to resume from disk. Seems like that process is
failing. I don't even need resume from disk, as far as I know, so I'm
searching for how to turn that off, just hoping that might have something to
do with the problem.

Thanks,
Greg Wallace