Re: [opensuse] growisofs dvd burner broken
  • From: Teruel de Campo MD <chusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 15:25:58 -0700
Stan and Jan,

After almost 2 weeks finally the dvd burner is working and I can go
ahead and install mythtv and many of the business program I use and go
to work :-)

I still do not know what the problem was. SuSE 10.1 use the ide-scsi
atapi and this one use the ide-scsi generic scsi but it is working ok.
After Stan told me to look at the BIOS I did and I did not find any PATA
compatibility but I changed from auto to manual and it might have had an
effect.
I install also the new version off dvd+rw-tools (7.0) but I had that
before without working.
Well it is working and that's what it counts.
BTW I learn some new stuff with all this time tinkering the system.
I want to thank und danke both of you for help me out

All the best!

-=terry(Denver)=-