[opensuse] CUPS: remote access settings and broadcasting queues
  • From: Thibaut Cousin <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 18:49:06 +0100

Hello,

I have set up a little printing server at home. In OpenSUSE 10.1, I had configured the cups server to accept requests from the local network. As a result, my printer was automatically seen by all cups clients on the network, including Mac OS X, without any manual configuration.
In OpenSUSE 10.2, I'm using the new possibility, "Remote access settings", which is much easier. It works well, but I need to declare and configure the printer on other computers. It looks like the cups server doesn't "broadcast" its printing queues, so they can't be autodetected.
Where I can find documentation on these "Remote access settings", please? I'd like to see if I can have clients autodetect the printer again.
Thanks in advance,

- --
Thibaut Cousin
http://www.thibaut-cousin.net