[opensuse] multimedia problems in 10.2
  • From: "Andy Harrison" <aharrison@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:38:50 -0500
I'm not entirely sure what information to provide that would be helpful.

I've got a fresh install of 10.2. The only player that works for any
of my mp3's or video's (avi xvid and divx files) that I've tried is
mplayer. Kaffeine, amarok, totem, noatun, juk, xmms, banshee, none of
them work. The only one that yields an error message is banshee. The
other's just look at the file and ignore it. XMMS won't even let me
add it to the playlist. When I try banshee, it just says I don't have
a decoder to handle this type of file.

I have the w32codec-all-20061022-0.pm.0 rpm installed, but, like I
said, I'm not sure what other information to provide.

--
Andy Harrison