Re: [opensuse] Flash 9 player
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 10:40:31 +0100
wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 10:10 +0100, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> some might have heard it, some not yet. Flash 9 is finally
available
>> for i586 Linux. (the x86_64 is even planned now).
>>
>> Now the question for us as users: will there be updated RPMs
available
>> for openSUSE (any version) or will Flash 9 only be incorporated into
the
>> next release of openSUSE (10.3 or whatever)?
>>
>> Thanks for some light in the dark... and at this point: Thanks to
Adobe
>> for making this possible. While reading the blog[1], it even seems
they
>> start to develop all version (win, mac, linux) together now.. so no
>> timedrift anymore...
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Dominique
>
> No, didnt know Flash9 was out of beta, thanks.
>
> I know its not what you asked, but installing Flash9 is as easy as
> copying the libflashplayer.so to /usr/lib/browser-plugins (as root
obv).

> "Building" an RPM should be trivial.

Thanks,

I've been playing for several weeks already with Flash 9 Player with my
x86_64 FireFox installation. So maybe the tip did not work for me, but
others might use it. and of course I'll gonna update this evening too.
And I'll update again when they finally give the 64bit edition out too.
So the wrapper won't be needed anymore.

Dominique