Re: [opensuse] Monitoring Apache2 webserver
  • From: scsijon <scsijon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 15:39:03 +1100
At 12:58 AM 17/01/2007, Clayton wrote:
I'm running a webserver (apache2). I've set it up so that there is a
public area with some static html info pages, and a private area
requiring a username password. This all works fine... but I'd like to
know if there is some way to monitor the access on the webserver.

I know I can go look at /var/log/apache2/access, but I'd like to have
some kind of live/realtime monitor so I can see who is logging in (to
the secure area) and what they are accessing (all info in the access
log).

Does anyone know of any app/applet that can do this? apachetop is OK,
but... limited, and command line - I want a solution. Something like
a plug-in for SuperKaramba would be perfect... but haven't yet found
anything. Any suggestions?

C.
--

ask the webmin guys, they were working on one, but i don't know it's status.

scsijon