Re: [opensuse] fsck running amok
  • From: Patrick Shanahan <ptilopteri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 17:03:47 -0500
* Greg Wallace <gregwallace@xxxxxxxxxxx> [01-16-07 15:17]:
> I have been running 10.2 for several weeks now and just in the last two or
> three days my system ran fsck at each startup. I've only rebooted once a
> day, so I have no idea why this started happening. I don't believe it was
> happening until just recently, so maybe it's a result of a system patch (?).
> I forget where you set the count as to how many reboots need to occur
> between fscks. Could someone tell me where that setting is? I know I
> haven't modified it and for as long as I have had SuSE (since 8.1) I believe
> it was set at 99. It's never done this before.

remember Goggle ???

a goggle search for "file system check frequency" eighth suggestion
gives "tune2fs" which exists in e2fsprogs, for ext2/3 filesystems (you
didn't say which). There is a manpage.

I'm sure that a similar utility exists for other filesystems. Goggle
is available.

OpenSUSE Linux http://en.opensuse.org/