Re: [opensuse] openSuSE 10.2 doesn't show bootsplash
  • From: aledr <matrixworkstation@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 02:15:45 -0200
2007/1/15, John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On Monday 15 January 2007 13:12, aledr wrote:

> splash=silent
What is that silent there for?

How did you end up with lilo instead of grub?

I can't install Grub, It always shows a message: "Error 17". I think
that It can be my HPT372 RAID controller. But works fine for me with
lilo.

Well, I don't know why but after reinstall the system and changing to
lilo at the install process (it has some errors and is necessary to
edit the config files), it shows the bootsplash. It still strange
because YaST generate the same lilo.conf again, exactly as the
lilo.conf I sent on the list. Maybe it can be the initrd....

Regards after all!!!

--
[ ]'s
Aledr - Alexandre