Re: [opensuse] Desktop effects on Nvidia but with a Xen kernel
  • From: David Bottrill <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 22:45:01 +0000
On Monday 15 January 2007 22:20, Hans Witvliet wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 22:04 +0100, Mihamina Rakotomandimby (R12y) wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I would like to know if you have any solution to tell me on how to
> > enable desktop effects on a -xen kernel.
> > I found how to enable it on -default kernel and nvidia card.
> > But first of my problem, I did not find no driver for the -xen kernel.
> >
> > The goal, for me is to use it for demonstration purpose, in order to
> > show people the powerof SuSe.
> >
> > What would be the solution?
>
> Afaik, graphical display is not possible with xen-3.0.3.
> Did you tried xen-3.0.4?
> Or lies your problem somewhere else...

I assume he is reffering to Dom0 not a DomU.
I guess if the binary nvidia kernel module is installed on the Dom0 then the
desktop effects will also work in Dom0.

There have been posts about this before I intent to try and get nvidia working
on one of my boxes along with xen.

--
david@xxxxxxxxxxxx
www.bottrill.org