Re: [opensuse] Timesync problem
  • From: Verner Kjærsgaard <vk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 23:22:36 +0100
Mandag 15 januar 2007 22:25 skrev Geir A. Myrestrand:
> Geir A. Myrestrand wrote:

> >> That's all well and good, but the problem is the vmware client. We
> >> have local
> >> stratum 2 ntp servers, but the vmware clients are unable to sync to
> >> them. The
> >> only thing that works is a periodic ntpdate command.
> >
> > Yeah, I saw the other replies. Sounds like EMC/VMware have the work cut
> > out for them if they haven't fixed it already.
>
> Do you have VMware Tools in the guest OS and this line in the .vmx file
> on the host machine?
>
> tools.syncTime = "TRUE"
>
> --
>
> Geir A. Myrestrand

Dear list,

- thank you for all of your inputs.

- I'm afreid that I agree with the views of J Sloan, vmware is broken is this
respect.
- We'll either get a solution from vmware (Oh yes, we paid a lot for a lot of
licenses..) or we'll look into Xen. We can do so, because we only run
SLES9/10 with SLES10/SuSE10.2 on top. If only we had known....

Again, thank you for your views!

Med venlig hilsen/Best regards
Verner Kjærsgaard