Re: [opensuse] Weather reports
  • From: Martin Mielke <m_mlk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 00:08:01 -0800 (PST)
Lucky you... I can't install it as a non-priviledged user... and when I install it as root the other users won't see the new add-ons... :-/

Anyway, I'll stick to superkaramba or kweather unless I solve this issue...

Regards,
Martin

On Sunday 14 January 2007 23:16, Michael S. Dunsavage wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-01-14 at 23:07 -0500, Doug McGarrett wrote:
> > I seem to recall that there is some sort of service you can connect to to
> > get local weather reports/forecasts, but I don't see anything on Google,
> > nor in the SuSE 9.2 instruction books (I don't have the 9.3 books), and
> > the Windows Weather Bug says it has no Linux version. Is there such a
> > thing, and if so, how?
> >
> > TIA--doug
>
> I use weatherbug plugin for FireFox:
> https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2455/

I downloaded this, and I thought I installed it, and then I restarted Firefox,
but I don't see any name or icon that would seem to show it. How do you
access this plug-in, and how do you know that it is really installed?

/snip/

--doug