Re: [opensuse] DVD Mount problem
  • From: russbucket <russbucket@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 18:12:25 -0800
On Sunday January 14 2007 07:43, Stevens wrote:
> To those who wrote that I could right-click on any icon and rename it to
> whatever, I say, "No shit, Sherlocks"
>
> The comment, and my point, was why in Hell did a linux shop decide to call
> ANYTHING on a linux desktop "My Computer", al la Windows.
>
> As for the perception by some on the list that I (and others) might be
> newbies because we cannot get our DVDs to work, well, y'all are just
> missing the point. There is a BUG!!! in Suse 10.2 that keeps removeable
> optical media from being recognized. If any Suse guru on the list wants to
> argue the point, then he/she is welcome to engage in a meaningful dialogue
> to prove that there is no bug, that it is only a figment of our
> imagination. I would really rather have a working system more so than
> watching bugzilla.
>
> Fred
Fred I just sent a email to the list on how I was able to retrieve my archive
from DVD. Still cannot mount or use DVD in run level 5 except from YaST. Its
interesting if I put a CDRW in my DVD drive it mounts fine to hdc. Its only
when I put a DVDRW 4.7GB in that it does not mount to HDC. Have not tried
regular DVD except the SUSE 10.2 one and it reads only from YaST.

I'll post anything else I find and also keep the bug report I entered
uptodate.