Re: [opensuse] power saving
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 15:23:37 -0900
On Sunday 14 January 2007 09:56, Janne Karhunen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Noticed that 10.2 seems to be hogging one CPU once left 'idling'.
> Same effect on my laptop + desktop. What's it doing? Some power
> saving tidbit going haywire? Quite hard to catch it as what ever
> it's doing finishes instantly once you touch it.

Well why not leave it idling running top.

If top, if you press "f j enter" it will add a processor column
just in front of the module name so you can see which processor
any task is running on.

You were able to tell us one processor what busy and the other
not, so obviously its not a screen saver issue, or you wouldn't have
any display to look at to see this.

Since you do have a display, just run top.