Re: [opensuse] DVD Mount problem
  • From: Paul Ollion <pollion@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 23:09:07 +0100
On Sunday 14 January 2007 14:08, russbucket wrote:

> As past messages I've posted say, My dvdrw drive is not being mounted.
> Every box that says dvdxx under Desktop Behavior is checked. What I have
> found is there is no mount point being created in /media. All other drives
> cdrw, floppy, CF card reader generate mount points in /media. All links
> between hdc and dvdrecorder and authorities look good.
>
> Does anyone know what creates the mount point in /media. YaST is able to
> read the dvd drive, hal sees the drive and it looks described correctly.
>
> Hope this is not off the topic.

You can use the yast partitioner to add mount points for some media or
partitions that the automatic install did not regognise.
I did so with yast for my new 10.2 install I could not access my old SiSE 9.3
partition and had to add a mount point which I named /data1 with the proper
options and now I can mount and access it in the controversed My Computer
window.
Here is what yast wrote in /etc/fstab
/dev/hda3 /data1 reiserfs user,noauto,noacl 0 0

For other media you could enter something like :

/dev/cdrecorder /media/cdrecorder subfs
noauto,fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0
/dev/dvd /media/dvd subfs
noauto,fs=cdfss,ro,procuid,nosuid,nodev,exec,iocharset=utf8 0 0

Not sure, I am not an expert, but you could try It. Someone correct me if I
am wrong
Good luck.

--
Paul Ollion