Re: [opensuse] DVD Mount problem
  • From: Stevens <fred00sandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 09:43:41 -0600
To those who wrote that I could right-click on any icon and rename it to
whatever, I say, "No shit, Sherlocks"

The comment, and my point, was why in Hell did a linux shop decide to call
ANYTHING on a linux desktop "My Computer", al la Windows.

As for the perception by some on the list that I (and others) might be
newbies because we cannot get our DVDs to work, well, y'all are just
missing the point. There is a BUG!!! in Suse 10.2 that keeps removeable
optical media from being recognized. If any Suse guru on the list wants to
argue the point, then he/she is welcome to engage in a meaningful dialogue
to prove that there is no bug, that it is only a figment of our
imagination. I would really rather have a working system more so than
watching bugzilla.

Fred