Re: [opensuse] Future of SUSE (at home)
  • From: Simon Roberts <thorpflyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 06:19:04 -0800 (PST)
From: Mathias Homann <admin@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Current 10.2 is probably the best so far (although the software
> management / update systems still do not work as well as they did
> for example in 9.3. - well, at least for me they do not work).

Must be your fault. I have four systems running suse, one with 10.0
and three with 10.2, all of them using way more installation sources
than just the basic suse source, and none of them have problems
updating, neither with suse patches nor with packages from the other
sources.

OK, I must have broken something too. So far, since my install of 10.2, it has _never_ offered an update of anything. The little world icon thingy in the gnome panel tray just says there are no updates available. Always has. I just assumed the distro was so new there weren't any yet. So, that's not the case then?

Simon