Re: [opensuse] TEST Am I really on this list?
  • From: Tom Patton <thpnalb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 19:13:38 -0700

> That's the exit hop from suse to your isp, that took 18 minutes. Too much.
> The only one that can tell what happened is a suse sysadmin by looking at
> his logs.
That's correct, Carlos. According to Henne, the smtproutes.com server
is returning status=deferred, and suse re-sends the email after 20
minutes. Why the second attempt makes it is a mystery...at least to me!

I've a querie into my ISP to figure out why...and also why it is only
happening to mail from suse...

I get other forums, and even a direct email from Henne in mere seconds.
Perhaps they have a sluggish server in the rack.

Tom in NM