Re: [opensuse] KnetworkManager wireless connection problem
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 14:42:37 -0900
On Saturday 13 January 2007 14:17, Dennis J. Tuchler wrote:
> I am operating under SUSE 10.2, and the wireless card is really a
> centrino chip.  It is recognized as a separate wireless card (wireless
> 220BG)

First, Centrino is a designation of a compatible set of equipment
in a machine, not a specific chipset. Centrino can apply
to a machine that has a number of different wifi cards.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrino

You have to dig out the actual chipset of the wifi card, the number
you mention (220BG) seems to be missing a digit.).

Did you install the firmware package for Intel cards?

--
John Andersen