[opensuse] DVD Mount problem
  • From: russbucket <russbucket@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 11:14:18 -0800
Just installed SUSE 10.2. for some reason I cannot see the DVD drive with and
applications except YaST. I am able to install software and installed the
system from DVD. When I try k3b or kdar they do not see my dvd. There is no
entry in fstab or mtab for the dvd. YaSt hardware so it. When I try mounting
the dvdrecorder or hdc it says there is no entry infstab or mtab. My cdrw
mounts fine and is visible.

Do I need an entry in FSTAB and what should it look like? Google show several
answers but I'm not sure which apply. This device was working fine on 10.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated so I can restore my home data from my
kdar archive.

 Thanks in advance.