Re: [opensuse] Re: smbmount
  • From: Anders Johansson <andjoh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 14:37:55 +0100
On Friday 12 January 2007 11:50, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
> The definition of server: A box, that SERVES/OFFERS any service. And thus,
> as soon as you have an accessible share on a Win98 Box, it acts as a
> typical server inside a network.

The definition of a server is properly only the program, and doesn't include
the machine it runs on. With that definition, you avoid all these problems

> Long ago are the times where a server was pure server and a client a pure
> client.

Was there ever such a time? I'd say all machines I can think of have some sort
of client/server architecture somewhere in them, except for the very oldest,
which had neither client nor server programs.