[opensuse] Audacity working with OSS only
  • From: Martin Mielke <m_mlk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 18:53:07 -0800 (PST)
Hi all!

I just downloaded/installed Audacity from Packman. When it first started the first surprise was: no sound!
So I checked the Audio I/O devices to be on the sure side. Still nothing...

After googling for a while, I found a workaround which recommends to start Audacity as follows:

$ aoss audacity

(aoss - Wrapper script to facilitate use of the ALSA OSS compatibility library)

By doing so, the sound comes out from my speakers very well...

Because ALSA is a newer, feature-richer, bla bla bla sound system I'd like to know if anyone here has managed to run Audacity using it instead of OSS...

TIA,
Martin