Re: [opensuse] remove usb disk
  • From: Joseph Loo <jloo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 18:43:07 -0800
Primm wrote:
>> Use sync at the command line before pulling the plug. This causes all
>> buffers to be written to all disks.
>>

> Is the sync the same as the sync on NFS? As in setting async make the network
> run at a reasonable speed?

In a sense it is. Like NFS, the USB stick it updates the directory
structure, I am not sure if before or after, when it writes a sector up.
In nfs, it is similiar, in that it guarantees that the nfs directory are
updated with the data over the network. I could be wrong about this, though.

--

Joseph Loo
jloo@xxxxxxx