To: <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 11:58 AM
Subject: [opensuse] Samba error --> setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Accessdenied.)

I am trying to mount a windows filesystem using samba and get this error
when trying to do so:

dss-cs99la07:/media # smbmount //dss-sa1725543/DHHMEDS
/media/dss-sa1725543 -o username=dhhmeds,password=password
8463: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
SMB connection failed
dss-cs99la07:/media #

windows = 2000
linux = sles 9

.. I notice when I type the hostname in wrong I get a different error,
so it seems the authentication piece is where its blowing up at.. any
ideas?