Re: [opensuse] Removing compiz
  • From: "Andy Harrison" <aharrison@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 10:39:22 -0500
On 1/12/07, Hans van der Merwe <hvdmerwe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Removing the rpms makes it go away, but Im left with a really really
slow X, can see the Panel Menu redraw, obviously something is still
pulling on X or KDE.

Very strange. As for speed, it runs flawlessly on my laptop (at least
until I start hitting too much swap). I did have to make sure I set
kde to "Start with an empty session." If I try to make beryl start
automatically (either by session or by ~/.kde/Autostart), it doesn't
behave well at all. It ranges from simple problems like most of my
System Tray icons failing to come up or instead they might appear but
are not being swallowed by the tray, to more severe problems like the
entire panel coming up half drawn. For now until I feel like
investigating further, I've just stuck a beryl-manager icon on my
desktop and I just kick it off manually and everything works fine.

--
Andy Harrison