Re: [opensuse] tuxkart startup error on SuSE 10.2
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:33:55 +0100
>>> On 12-01-2007 at 13:29, Eberhard Roloff <tuxebi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> I installed Tuxkart from the 10.2 DVD and when I start it, I get:
>
> eroloff@grey:~> tuxkart
> Data files will be fetched from: '${prefix}/share/games/tuxkart'
> Couldn't chdir() to '${prefix}/share/games/tuxkart'.
>
> now the relevant data seems to be in /usr/share/games/tuxkart when I
look at
> the filelist of the tuxkart rpm.
> How to tell Tuxkart?
>
> I searche the mailing list archive to no avail.
>
> Thanks for help
> Eberhard

You might want to try the SuperTuxKart packages in the BS (latest
builds, maintained by me).
http://repos.opensuse.org/games:/action/openSUSE_10.2/repodata/repoview/supertuxkart-0-0.2.0-1.1.html

In case of problems with these packages, announce them directly to me.
PS: SuperTuxKart is the successor of TuxKart, which is no longer
maintained.

@SuSE: any plans to remove TuxKart and include my packages instead?

Regards,
Dominique