Re: [opensuse] Printer Initializing Lockup 10.2
  • From: Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:30:41 +0100 (CET)

Hello,

On Jan 11 12:39 Chris (ePortel PC Systems) wrote (shortened):
> the printer scanned no problem..but wouldn't print anything
> > >I have a USB HP1210 PSC printer that was working fine copy, scan and
> > >print-+...

As it did print before I guess that the print queue got disabled
because of whatever failure which happend in between, see
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:CUPS_in_a_Nutshell
"The Backends"
I.e. check with
lpstat -p
if the queue is "disabled" and if yes, do
cupsenable <queue-name>

If this doesn't help try to remove the print queue and re-add
it with YaST.

If this also doesn't help try to remove the print queue with YaST
and re-add it with "hp-setup".

By the way:
Since CUPS 1.2 there is the so called "error policy" to define
what the cupsd should do for a particular queue if its associated
backend exits with exit code 1 (CUPS_BACKEND_FAILED),
see the CUPS documentation
http://localhost:631/help/ref-printers-conf.html
and
http://localhost:631/help/man-backend.html