Re: [opensuse] Re: This is OT, but you guys are gonna love this one!!
  • From: Paul Walsh <Paul.Walsh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 08:00:45 +0000
Randall R Schulz wrote:

> You don't know what I want w.r.t. the 43rd president of the U.S. (By
> which I mean I don't want you to know what I want w.r.t. the 43rd
> president of the U.S...)
>

> Randall Schulz

I guess if you *did* say what you want, you'd be expecting a visit from those nice men in sunglasses who always seem to
have hearing aids and talk to themselves a lot! ;)

Look at it tis way: We all know how wonderfully "secure" windoze is - after all, they keep releasing all these
wonderful patches to make it so ;) - maybe Novell et al are looking to ways to "certify" suse/Linux's security so they
can say "Hey folks, you want a secure, robust operating system? try Suse!"

I'm sure the "secret" services have far more subtle ways of tapping in to systems than by messing around with source and
leaving back doors slightly ajar!

--
Paul