Re: [opensuse] Re: This is OT, but you guys are gonna love this one!!
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 19:14:43 -0800
On Thursday 11 January 2007 18:39, James Knott wrote:
> George Stoianov wrote:
> >> #1 How can I know that the software that I install is the same as
> >> what the
> >> source is?
> >>
> >> #2 How many of us Linux users would recognized a backdoor if he
> >> saw one?
> >
> > #3 Why the NSA why not some international security body or industry
> > institution?
>
> The NSA is the security body for the U.S. Government.

"The?" As in "only one?"

And "security body?" They're charge is "signals intelligence," i.e.
intelligence derived from intercepting communications, mostly
electronic, both over-the-air and via the Internet and telephone
networks. Naturally, this leads them to extensive cryptanalysis and
cryptographic work.

> You want Dubya to trust some other country to ensure his "goofs" get
> covered up? ;-)

You don't know what I want w.r.t. the 43rd president of the U.S. (By
which I mean I don't want you to know what I want w.r.t. the 43rd
president of the U.S...)

Randall Schulz