[opensuse] LVM filesystem definition / creation problem
  • From: "Jose Raul Baron" <jbaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 18:03:35 +0100
Hi, list.

I am currently trying to create and use some new filesystems in my recently
installed SuSE 9 for zSeries using 3390-3 minidisks. We are following the
same procedure we have been using all along 2006 but we are finding real
problems now "by doing the same".

What we do is:

- We format the minidisks under CMS
- We start Linux.
- We activate the disks
- We dasdfmt the disks
- We fdasd the disks
- We pvcreate the disks to create the physical volumes.
- Entering LVM, we create the VGs and the LVs
- Exiting LVM we find everything mounted correctly and working as it should.
/etc/fstab is correct.
- We mk_initrd
- We modify /etc/zipl_conf accordingly

Now, when we restart the system, this is what we get:

.
.
.
Scanning for LVM volume groups...
Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while...
Couldn't find device with uuid 'ofeB45-5Vc6-cEhE-NhqH-bfku-Qhai-l3ounc'.
Couldn't find all physical volumes for volume group vggesdat.
Couldn't find device with uuid 'ofeB45-5Vc6-cEhE-NhqH-bfku-Qhai-l3ounc'.
Couldn't find all physical volumes for volume group vggesdat.
Couldn't find device with uuid 'ofeB45-5Vc6-cEhE-NhqH-bfku-Qhai-l3ounc'.
Couldn't find all physical volumes for volume group vggesdat.

And it doesn't start.

Does anyone know this error ?

Any help will be welcome.

Saludos,